Personal information is information that identifies you or could reasonably identify you, such as your name, contact details and records of your dealings with us. This includes sensitive information such as details about your health, as well as credit-related information (including details of your credit worthiness, credit history, and other details in a credit report about you).
Why we handle personal information?
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to interact with you and provide you with our products and services
- to register you as a customer for an account on our website
- to register a product for warranty
- to contact you about products and services that may be of interest to you (unless you tell us not to)
- if your product is affected by recall
- to invite you to read a news article if you have been referred by a friend through our “Tell a Friend” service
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements
- any purpose required or permitted by law
- any purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented, and
- any purpose that you would otherwise reasonably expect.
Collecting personal information
We will collect your personal information through our interactions with you, for example:
- for consumers, when you purchase a product with us for warranty purposes
- when you subscribe to our news and blog
- when you register for an online account with us
- when you complete one of our surveys
- when you interact with one of our representatives, or when we communicate with you
- when you choose to use our “Tell a Friend” service, or
- when you use blogs or community forums on our website.
Using and disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties who assist us in providing our products and services, for example:
- our service providers, including insurers, financial institutions and debt collection agencies
- our related companies and other business partners, including companies whose products and services may be of interest you (unless you tell us not to)
- professional advisers, including lawyers, accountants and auditors, and
- government, regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
We hold your personal information in paper-based and electronic formats. We have implemented a variety of security measures to protect the personal information we receive and hold. In particular, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL), and your credit card information will not be stored on our servers. We will retain your information for as long as necessary for any of the above purposes.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact us to request access to the personal information that we hold about you in Australia on 1300 070 948 or by email at email@example.com
We take care to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date, complete and not misleading, and that the personal information we use and disclose is also relevant. Where we believe that personal information that we hold requires correction, we will take reasonable steps to correct it. You may also seek to correct the personal information we hold about you via our account page, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by mailing us at South West Mobility 11/70 Topham Rd Smeaton Grange NSW 2567.
Questions and complaints
or by mailing us at South West Mobility 11/70Topham Rd Smeaton Grange NSW 2567
We respond to all complaints, and do so as soon as possible.